Reflections

Sunday, September 01, 2013

The change of arrival, the beginning of fall


Soon comes the Autumnal Equinox, the change of arrival, the beginning of Fall leading to the dark of Winter.  It is the mysterious qualities of Fall that offer us lessons to live by and practices to support dreams.  Open to change, willing to give in to all, we can embrace the great wide open knowing that it suggest the coming of Autumn is where we'll find newness in every direction.  

Autumn reminds me of the impermanence of everything. I have experienced the greatest joys of life and love as much as incredible tragedy.  I know only what was and what might be, this endearing Spring and the flowerings of Summers held wide and freely populated with friends and neighbors.  Now leaves fall and bare branches scratch Bay breeze skies, fluttering shapes in sprained browns and savage reds remind me of the fleeting nature of all things.  

Fall also brings every day to the fullest, possibility near and hope in practice to facilitate movement, to set bridges upside down before they hold us there forever.  And then, when I woke this morning, I turned again with the happiness of knowing, 'I'm still here!'

No comments: